We need to improve public safety by increasing police salaries to retain quality talent instead of seeing experienced officers leave for the suburbs.
- Offer affordable housing opportunities to our police and firefighters
- Identify wasteful spending in our city’s budget and redirect funds to public safety salaries
- Increase starting salaries and improve health benefits to retain quality talent
- Leverage the city’s land bank as a strategy to provide affordable housing for public safety staff
- Increase staff numbers of community police officers to improve relationships between communities and law enforcement